The following procedures will be followed when releasing a vehicle that has been towed by the Red Bluff Police Department:
- The vehicle will only be released to the registered owner or their designee.
- The vehicle must have current registration.
- The registered owner must show I.D. and be a licensed driver. If the owner is a licensed driver he or she does not need a second licensed driver. If the owner is unlicensed, they must come in with two licensed drivers. All must show I.D.
- There is a $54.00 fee for the release of vehicle. This fee must be paid in cash, with exact change if paying for a vehicle release on the weekend or after business hours.
- If the Registered Owner is unable to come to the Red Bluff Police Department, and would like to designate an individual to pick up the vehicle they may complete a Vehicle/Contents Release Authorization Form.
Note: The Registered Owner's Signature must be witnessed by a Notary.
Download Vehicle/Contents Release Authorization Form Here
Vehicles cannot be released under the following circumstances:
- Person to whom the vehicle is to be released has no proof of I.D.
- Vehicle registration is expired.
- Vehicle has been sold but is not registered in current owner's name. We will NOT accept handwritten bills of sale.
- Subject picking up vehicle is not the registered owner and does not have written authorization. Authorization cannot be done over the phone.
There will be additional fees charged by the towing service and it is their responsibility to collect those fees.
Please see below link to our Automated License Plate Readers policy: